Sunday, January 15, 2012

Aprons

I made these aprons last weekend.  I got the idea on Pinterest.  They are made from dish towels.  I went out looking for Valentine's designs that might make good year round patterns for little girls.  This is what I came up with.  I thought the designs were adorable.  I found some more last night at Kohl's with owls on them that I am going to get to soon.  There is no place for a name on them, but they are still going to be super cutey pie!
I mentioned on FB that I was going to make some aprons for Valentine's gifts and had orders for six before the night was over.  It just so happens that is how many I had purchased, so I was very happy about that.  These pictures don't really show them that well, but they were awkward and I didn't have a pint-sized model at home at the time.  
This one is for the daughter of a friend who has a new baby.  I thought I would give it to the new big sister.  
Close-up of the embroidery
When I make the owl aprons I am going to do these two as well.  I love the feel of these and think they will only get cuter as they are washed over and over.  They have kind of a shabby chic feel to them and since they are dish towels they are made to be washed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment